Saturday, 10 February 2007
arts & leisure
Add a comment...
Sunday night, The Police will reunite to open the Grammy Awards [BBC]. w00t.
A while back I heard Genesis is getting back together, for a free concert in Rome and a US tour in the fall. Huh.
There's a site for the Stardust movie which has been abandoned for a different concept; Neil Gaiman got permission to host it locally, so: Stardust's Unofficial Teaser Site
Super Bowl notes:
- I thought Billy Joel's Star Spangled Banner was a fine rendition.
- Liked: Bud Light's 'auctioneer wedding' ad.
- Didn't like: GoDaddy.com's stupid, sexist 'marketing dept.' ad, shown three times. I did think it was pretty well answered by Chevy's funny gender-reversed 'our cars make men strip and writhe against them' spot.
- Liked: Coke's "Grand Theft Auto"-reversal ad, where the avatar doesn't kill or carjack or rob anybody. What a concept...
- I was led to believe there would be an Apple ad, maybe something to do with the Beatles, but didn't see one.
- Loved the opening play (92-yard run for a touchdown). Too bad the Bears couldn't keep it up.