..or of a decade, if you're fussy about when it starts & stops. I'm agnostic.
Kevin C. Murphy over at Ghost in the Machine has gone to a lot of trouble to put together a review of the best 100 movies of the last 10 years, according to him (I think by the end he's reviewed more like 115, but who's counting).
Worth your attention.
- The Oughts in Film: Part I (100-76)
- The Oughts in Film: Part II (75-51)
- The Oughts in Film: Part III (50-26)
- The Oughts in Film: Part IV (25-11)
- The Oughts in Film: Part V (10-1)
Kevin, 3 things:
- Wow that was a lot of time you put in, both watching & reviewing.
- Thanks! Found several new things I should put in (or move way up in) my movie queue.
Thanks for reminding me of Tom Hanks' Mr. Short Term Memory. This was my favorite sketch of his:
Mr. Short-Term Memory : [ looks at the card ] What is this? "Tony Randall"? What you just hand these out to people you meet? That's a little sad.
Tony Randall : You just asked me for it! You begged!
Mr. Short-Term Memory : Wha- [ turns to Tony again] Tony Randall!
Host [Phil Hartman] : Here's today's showcase, spend your thousand on whatever you want.
Mr. Short-Term Memory : Oh Cool um, I-I'll take the color TV for 300.
Host : Alright that leaves you with 700.
Mr. Short-Term Memory : And let's see, uh, I'll take the color TV for 300.
Host : ... Fine, that leaves you with 400.
Mr. Short-Term Memory : Oh! A color TV! I need one of those!