Friday, 25 January 2002 : "Word: extricate"Time for some audience participation.
Word of the moment: extricate
Please use a form of the word in a sentence. One sentence per poster. No warranty implied.
Replies: 10 comments so far
(OK, it's a run on, but I couldn't help myself :)
Posted by matt @ 01/25/2002 08:01AM est
* I was unable to extricate any meaning from this exercise.
Posted by Kylis @ 01/25/2002 09:03AM est
* Num'rous arts lack
so too this post.
Posted by Steve @ 01/25/2002 09:29AM est
* No matter how hard I tried, I was unable to extricate myself from the obligation to get something done at work today...
Posted by rf @ 01/25/2002 09:38AM est
* This story about how Rudy the Cat needed to be extricated from a garbage disposal wherein he'd stuck his head chasing some leftover salmon is quite amusing.
Posted by Mrs. NowThis @ 01/25/2002 10:14AM est
* Roxy the call girl couldn't figure out what happened to the doughnuts she'd left on the kitchen table. As it turns out, an extricate them.
(I feel like I'm on Match Game '76!!)
Posted by TheBrad @ 01/25/2002 10:57AM est
* I was going to submit a sentence, but now I'm too astounded by Rudy's adventure to think...
Posted by Kristie @ 01/25/2002 11:03AM est
* As the angry mob pressed in to lynch me for using 'ineluctable' in a serious sentence, I considered how best to extricate myself from this pickle.
Posted by D @ 01/25/2002 02:32PM est
* "When I returned Mary Jo and the car were gone."
Yes, Senator Kennedy, but why didn't you extricate Ms. Kopechne from this dangerous situation before you ran for help?
Posted by Donny @ 01/25/2002 04:30PM est
* Borrowing heavily from the brilliance of Matt above:
Ric Ocasek showed up disheveled on my doorstep sans Paulina and claimed to have learned that consumption of large quantities of leather had become inextricably linked to his continued survival. First he ate my watch and nEXT RIC ATE my shoes
Posted by Dave @ 01/25/2002 04:33PM est
|Links, exploration and
photo by my wife
If you want to be e-mailed when there's new stuff here, say "add me."
Archives by week
2000 | 1999 | 1998
Search log since Aug. 2001:
Ye olde Amazon wish list
How's my HTML?
How's my CSS?